POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : modeller vs. hand coding... : Re: modeller vs. hand coding... Server Time
9 Aug 2024 23:28:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: modeller vs. hand coding...
From: Ken
Date: 25 Apr 2000 01:15:00
Message: <39052972.FFE41C0B@pacbell.net>
Mike Weber wrote:

> A few weeks ago there was discussion as to what method was better to
> construct a POV scene: using a modeller such as Moray or doing it by
> straight POV text.  I came up with an idea for an object/scene as a base:
> the Pillsbury Doughboy - so who can model the best doughboy with Moray (or
> other modeller) and who can do the best with straight POV text?  I'm curious
> to see if anyone is up to the challenge....

 After studying some images of the Pillsbury Doughboy on the web it
appears to me that the only logical approach to modelling him would
be through the use of blobs. Since I am neither profecient with
modelling blobs with a modeller or by hand it would not be what I
would consider a fair challenge.

Count me out.